San Diego is located along the coast of Southern California. This article highlights important considerations as you search for homes and mortgage loans San Diego.
1. San Diego is celebrated for its exceptional beauty. It is a plethora of culture and fun. There are miles of beaches and Balboa Park: a city park larger than NYC’s Central Park.
2. San Diego is considered a great place to raise a family. The city’s playful energy speaks to children and the city’s spirited adults. Families are able to explore Sea World, LEGOLAND and the many water and land sport experiences.
3. For those searching for a great city to launch a startup, San Diego fits the bill. Check out the Office of the Small Business on the City of San Diego’s Official Website.
4. In January, 2018, the median price in San Diego County rose by 6.9% to $529,000. Fortunately, for those who need mortgage loans San Diego, the city is considered a” high limit loan” area. Therefore, the median price falls well within the San Diego conforming loan limit of $679,750.
5. San Diego is for ‘go green’ supporters. The city provides trolleys and trains for its residents to move about. Reduce your carbon footprint, hop on a bicycle and explore the nearby beauty.
6. It may come as a surprise that California’s overall property taxes actually fall below the United States’ average property taxes. This is important when considering the impact of the new tax laws that took effect on January 1, 2018.
7. San Diego offers a variety of job opportunities. Take the time to explore them online and consider speaking with potential employers.
8. San Diego is home to 3 large universities as well as many other smaller colleges. It is a great place to do some serious studying by a beach side haven.
9. The Preuss School at the University of California – San Diego is part of the San Diego Unified School District and is ranked #76 in the national rankings compiled by the U.S. News –Best High Schools. Their graduation rate is an impressive 98%!
10. San Diego pedestrian bridges Defy Gravity.
If you are nearing your final decision, or just beginning to explore the San Diego real estate market, it is best to reach out to an experienced real estate agent and a licensed mortgage broker like us to gain the understanding and perspective needed to make an educated decision. Contact us any time if you’re shopping around to find a mortgage loan in San Diego – we’re here to help!