San Diego, known as America’s Finest City, is a coastal city along the Southern Californian Pacific Ocean Coast. The narrative that follows features relevant considerations when choosing to purchase a home there.
1. The weather in San Diego is considered quite comfortable. The temperature in San Diego rarely drops below 44 degrees and rarely rises above 84 degrees throughout the year. Typically, San Diego evenings are cool, even if the temperature during the day was extraordinarily hot.
2. The city of San Diego is remarkably beautiful; with its beauty on display in many innovative ways. Balboa Park covers more than 1,150 acres, and, is recognized as the largest park of its kind that is located within an urban setting.
3. In August 2019, for the first time in more than five years, the median price for a home in San Diego County dipped a bit to $584,000.
4. San Diego is considered among the greenest cities in California, and the country. Residents align with the environmental theme to reduce their carbon footprint.
5. The city of San Diego is home to Ocean Beach, a magnificent sandy beach that offers swimming, surfing, or many walking paths across more than 65 bluffs, high above the crashing surf of the Pacific Ocean.
6. The many quality institutions of higher education make the city a haven for intellectual pursuits. These include UC-San Diego, the University of San Diego and San Diego State University.
7. SeaWorld Is a plethora of marine and aquatic offerings. SeaWorld is home to a theme park, a large outdoor aquarium, and the renowned Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute. The nearly 200-acre park receives more than 4 million visitors each year.
8. The San Diego Children’s Museum offers artist installations for children throughout the year. Recently, a fiber artist installed a unique play structure — The Whammock — that includes 35+ miles of nylon braids across a playground that will tire out even the most energetic child.
9. The music society located in La Jolla (a San Diego community along the coast) recently opened a new $80+ million dollar performing arts center called The Conrad. The performing arts center offers cutting edge acoustics plus over 500 seats.
10. San Diego is rich in history. There are many museums to explore, including a museum aboard the longest-serving naval carrier in US History, the USS Midway. The USS Midway Museum, located at the San Diego Navy pier is a school trip destination for more than 45,000 students each year. Additionally, nearly 4,900 students attend the museum’s overnight program, on an annual basis.
If you need financing, we hope you’ll give us a call – we’d love to help you afford your next home!